Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Sound, My Life



If it was up to me, all the sounds of my life should be recorded in these Ipods. Errmm.. maybe in just one. That I-Pod shuffle (yeah, I'm the non-flashy type).

But when we talk about The Sound Machine written by Roald Dahl, it's the quirky, ironic tale of a man who invented a machine that could capture the sounds of plants being hurt by human. Sadly, he never got the chance to prove that as it was broken due to the falling of a branch on it (I honestly think that the tree conspired among themselves to not let their secrets out). You know, like that Ent, the humanoid talking tree in LOTR?


Well, I've found a few videos on YouTube to help you visualise the story but of course, you have got to read it first! Or else, less of the things make sense.


*This one is a 10 minutes clip on the story and it can be quite choppy so keep close attention to the video while having your Literature textbook handy*




*Here is the story told in two sequences... Has a lot of dialogues so listen closely*

My personal preference is the second one... But watch both as the first one iks brilliant in its minimalist story-telling techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment